Price match guarantee
We know our products
Quick & Hassle Free
Extensive product catalog
Reelcraft introduces its DEF dispensing line of spring retractable hose reels. Designed to aid in the dispensing of Diesel Emissions Fluid (DEF) for late model diesel engines, these reels are an integral part of emerging DEF service stations in marinas, truck stops, and garages. This sort of dispensing equipment is going to become more prevalent across the United States as the push for greener emissions standards escalates. Reelcraft is offering a solution.
Reel is shipped in the top wind position. The reel image is shown in the side wind position.
Adding wraps of hose will increase spring tension. This can be accomplished by pulling out approximately 10 feet of hose, hand feed hose back up through roller bracket assembly until loop is large enough to slip over sheave. Add two or three wraps until desired tension is achieved. Do not exceed spring capacity.’
This can be accomplished by removing wraps of hose from the reel sheave. Remove wraps of hose from the sheave, one wrap at a time, until desired tension is obtained.
For Series D9000 reels, you will have to remove the bumper and control handle then feed the end of the hose through the roller bracket assembly to add or remove wraps of hose from the reel drum.
While most Reelcraft spring retractable reels can be made “constant tension” at the factory or by simply removing the latching system there are some models that may not have this capability.
Please contact Reelcraft Customer Service to assure that the specific reel you have or require is capable of or available as a “constant tension” model.
1. Remove all spring tension from the reel by removing the bumper assembly and allowing the spool to un-wind completely.
2. Turn off inlet pressure to reel and remove inlet plumbing.
3. Remove set-screw which holds main shaft from hub on the base assembly.
4. Slide the spool and springcase and shaft assembly away from base.
5. Latch assembly should then be visible and accessible.
6. Remove old spring, re-attach new spring with large loop over latch stud bushing and small loop through the end of the latch pawl. DO NOT USE pliers or similar tools as they may cause damage to the latch spring during install and shorten service life.
Yes, you can adjust the guide opening position on a 5000 Series and 7000 Series reel. Please follow instructions below for your type of reel.
1. Pull hose out of opening and latch into position.
2. Remove (4) nyloc nuts on the cover.
3. Pull enclosure off and rotate to desired position.
4. Replace cover and tighten the (4) nyloc nuts.
2. Remove (4) nuts on base.
3. Pull cover off and remove rubber inserts.
4. Determine desired guide position and replace rubber inserts in slots not being used.
5. Place cover on base studs in required position and tighten (4) nuts on base.
Adjust spring tension by adding wraps of hose. Pull out approximately 10 feet of hose. Hand feed hose back up through roller bracket assembly until loop is large enough to slip over sheave. Add two or three wraps until desired tension is achieved. Do not exceed spring capacity.
Must special order heavier gauge spring steel for drive spring to overcome weight of hose / cord extending from reel. Control handle weight must also be considered. Contact Reelcraft for further information.
U-bolt hose clamps on sheave assembly not positioned correctly.
Latch mechanism engaged with drive spring is coiled to solid height. U-bolt hose clamps on sheave assembly are not positioned correctly.
If flexible connecting hose is not used between hose reel inlet and hard plumbing, you stand the chance of causing excessive bind to main shaft and hub bearings causing reel not to retract. This also voids warranty.
Bolting the reel down to an uneven surface will distort side frame causing a bind on main support shafts restricting smooth retraction of hose.
If guide arm is in side wind position for ceiling mounted reels, hose / cord is bending at a 90° angle over roller bracket assembly causing excessive loss of spring tension. Adjust guide arm to coincide with how hose / cord reel is actually mounted. U-bolt clamps may need to be adjusted accordingly.
Replace broken part with new. For corrosion: disassemble reel and remove corrosion, lubricate and reassemble.